Bio Suisse restricts the use of the "Bud" logo for foreign products if the domestic supply is sufficient or the entire processing is carried out abroad.
REQUIREMENTS FOR IMPORTED ORGANIC PRODUCTS CARRYING THE "BUD" LOGO
>> Extract from the Bio Suisse Standards - Part V, Standards for Imports PDF 2321 KB
- The products must be produced in conformance with the current Bio Suisse Standards, whereby the principle of equivalence applies. The producer must be certified according to Bio Suisse Standards, or the farming association must have direct approval from Bio Suisse (see: www.admin.ch).
- The products may only be imported by importers holding a valid licence contract with Bio Suisse.
- The products may only be transported to Switzerland by land or by sea (air transport is prohibited).
- Legal provisions and the provisions of the Swiss Ordinance on Organic Farming SR 910.18 or other equivalent legislation must be complied with.
- Priority will be given to the importation of organic products from nearby countries.
>> Extract from the Bio Suisse Standards - Part V, Principles and objectives PDF 2321 KB
>> Bio Suisse and its import policy PDF 864 KB